Access to Care (Patient Services) Manager
We are looking for a candidate with healthcare experience who is hands on and comfortable dealing with multiple systems and reports, be confident dealing with all levels of management and be proactive in seeking and implementing process improvements.
Reporting to the Hospital General Manger, the Access to Care Manager will:
• In conjunction with the General Manager and Director of Administrative Services, work to create an integrated Access to Care team across our Healthcare Services, promoting good teamwork and excellent patient experience
• Manage and lead on administration functions and processes within the hospital including the management and direction of the reception, admission, referral pathways (including Healthlink), NTPF/HSE, clinic management, medical records & switchboard teams
• Ensure that agreed processes and pathways are in place to support patient admission, discharge and claims management
• In consultation with the General Manager and Director of Administrative Services, will assess and implement process improvement measures for the Access to Care team in the hospital
• Display positive attitude and discuss decisions or policies in a positive, problem-solving way.
• Develop and implement a comprehensive training programme for all team members.
• Ensure compliance with all relevant JCI standards especially Access to Care.
• Establish and maintain open and professional communication with multidisciplinary team leads throughout the hospital
• Planning of resources to ensure smooth delivery of services and an enhanced patient experience
• Manage, develop and identify opportunities for team members through Engagement and Competency appraisal, mentoring and feedback, based on clear objectives for each team member.
• Promote a culture of personal responsibility where team members are supported to deliver and held accountable for performance.
• Identify metrics and implement reporting of key performance indexes for the Access to Care team within the hospital
• Work with Access to Care team leaders to develop a culture of “Get it right – first time”
• Collaborate with the Access to Care managers to provide an improved patient experience and improved patient communication process
• Support, as required, the Access to Care and Hospital teams in all other activities and adhoc projects which are linked to improving the patient experience
• Ensure positive and collaborative working relationships with Director of Nursing and Quality Manager.
• Provide cover throughout all areas of the Access to Care team if required.
• Manage the day to day of the Access to Care Team including rostering, annual leave requests etc.
Qualifications and Experience:
• 12 months experience in a similar role or healthcare setting
• Relevant business qualification (Degree or equivalent)
• At least 12 months previous people management experience required
• Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office
• Experience of healthcare systems including iPims desirable
• Excellent people management and organisation skills.
• The ability to motivate and delegate effectively.
A $24 billion healthcare provider and insurer, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania-based UPMC is inventing new models of patient-centred, cost-effective, accountable care. Working in close collaboration with the University of Pittsburgh Schools of the Health Sciences, UPMC shares its clinical, managerial and technological skills worldwide through its innovation and commercialisation arm, UPMC Enterprises, and through UPMC International.
Providing high-quality healthcare in the South East since 2006, UPMC’s operations in Ireland now include UPMC Whitfield Hospital in Waterford, UPMC Kildare Hospital in Clane and UPMC Aut Even Hospital in Kilkenny. Outpatient care is available at the UPMC Carlow Outreach Centre, UPMC Hillman Cancer Centre radiotherapy locations at UPMC Whitfield and in Cork, the UPMC Sports Medicine Clinic at WIT Arena and the UPMC Concussion Network. UPMC is the Official Healthcare Partner of the GAA and GPA.