Accounts Receivable Specialist
We are looking for a detail-oriented individual with a minimum of 2 years Accounts Receivable and Collection experience to join an experienced team in managing the complete AR process. The Accounts Receivable (AR) Specialist is responsible for performing all duties necessary to facilitate the claims collation, invoicing, and collection of payments for patient hospital admissions. These duties may include but are not limited to account follow up with insurance payers, contact with patients, and other third parties as required. The applicant should display a positive and proactive attitude, strong organisational skills, the ability to prioritise and multitask and be a strong communicator.
• Insurance verification prior to admission.
• Claims collation and invoicing of claims in a timely and efficient manner.
• Management of unbilled claims and working with our business partners to ensure timely submission of claims.
• Resolution of queries with both internal and external business partners.
• Daily review of inbound cash and application of payments to customer accounts.
• Daily collections calls and communications with customer and resolution of open disputes.
• Support the team with on-going projects to ensure accurate, efficient & compliant order processing.
• Run AR reports for management review.
• Answer customer enquiries on invoice queries.
• Overall support of the credit & collections process.
Qualifications and Experience:
• 2+ years customer service/accounts experience.
• Must demonstrate strong communication & interpersonal skills.
• Able to respond flexibly and empathetically to customer needs, managing their expectations effectively.
• Accuracy and attention to detail.
This job description is intended to be an outline of the areas of responsibility. As UPMC and the post holder develop, this job description may be subject to review in light of the changing needs of the business.
A $24 billion healthcare provider and insurer, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania-based UPMC is inventing new models of patient-centred, cost-effective, accountable care. Working in close collaboration with the University of Pittsburgh Schools of the Health Sciences, UPMC shares its clinical, managerial and technological skills worldwide through its innovation and commercialisation arm, UPMC Enterprises, and through UPMC International.
Providing high-quality healthcare in the South East since 2006, UPMC’s operations in Ireland now include UPMC Whitfield Hospital in Waterford, UPMC Kildare Hospital in Clane and UPMC Aut Even Hospital in Kilkenny. Outpatient care is available at the UPMC Carlow Outreach Centre, UPMC Hillman Cancer Centre radiotherapy locations at UPMC Whitfield and in Cork, the UPMC Sports Medicine Clinic at WIT Arena and the UPMC Concussion Network. UPMC is the Official Healthcare Partner of the GAA and GPA.