Webinar: Concussion in Sport – A National Conversation
In this pre-recorded webinar, we discuss Concussion in Sport in Ireland. Topics include clinical pathways, case reviews, concussion in sports, and an international concussion research update.
The live event took place on 9 September 2022, and it featured world-renowned concussion expert Michael “Micky” Collins, PhD of UPMC’s Sports Medicine Concussion Programme, as well as the UPMC Concussion Network in Ireland.
Hosted by “Off the Ball’s” Ger Gilroy, the event heard from medical experts from the IRFU, the GAA and Horse Racing Ireland. All Ireland winning Clare hurler, Shane O’Donnell, shared his personal concussion story in an open interview. The event was hosted by UCD School of Medicine in partnership with UPMC.
- Opening remarks: Prof. Michael Keane
- Clinical profiles: Dr. Micky Collins
- 1:1 interview: Dr. Micky Collins and Ger Gillroy
- Concussion assessment in the Irish Rugby Football Union (IRFU): Dr. Rod McLoughlin
- Concussion case reviews: Dr. Sean Moffatt
- Incidence of concussion in horse racing: Dr. Adrian McGoldrick
- Update | International concussion research: Dr. Anthony Kontos
- Panel discussion: Walter Cullen and Ger Gillroy
- First-hand account in managing a concussion diagnosis: Clare hurler, Shane O'Donnell
- Round table session moderated by Ger Gillroy and Walter Cullen with:
- Dr. Micky Collins
- Dr. Anthony Kontos
- Dr. Enda Devitt
- Dr. Anne Mucha
- Mairead Liston
- Dr. Tori Kochick
To view the full recording of the conference in a webinar format and earn CPD points, visit MedCafe.