• Participate in the development and expansion of Clinical Pharmacy Services.
• Participate in the medication safety programme, including the monitoring, reporting and investigation of adverse drug reactions, medication incidents and errors.
• Work collaboratively with other members of the team to ensure that patient care is central to all activities of the department of Pharmacy.
• Ensure best pharmaceutical practice, having regard to legal and ethical requirements for the provision of the pharmacy service.
• Work collaboratively with other Pharmacy Department staff to deliver and develop clinical pharmacy services to achieve stated goals and objectives in ensuring safe and effective care.
• Assist in managing the efficient running of the dispensary. Participate in/ supervise the operation of the dispensary, and the procurement, storage and supply of pharmaceuticals and other related items.
• Ensure accurate records relating to the procurement, storage, compounding, quality control, dispensing, distribution, and destruction of medical products are maintained in accordance with best practice standards and applicable legislation.
Qualifications and Experience:
• Desirable to hold a further qualification in Clinical Pharmacy – Diploma or Masters Level.
• Be a registered Pharmacist with the Pharmaceutical Society of Ireland (PSI).
• 3 years relevant hospital experience as a Pharmacist.
• Excellent communication and influence skills.
• Strong time management skills.
• An ability to work effectively as part of a multidisciplinary team.
• Strong organisational skills and an ability to work to tight deadlines.
A $24 billion healthcare provider and insurer, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania-based UPMC is inventing new models of patient-centred, cost-effective, accountable care. Working in close collaboration with the University of Pittsburgh Schools of the Health Sciences, UPMC shares its clinical, managerial and technological skills worldwide through its innovation and commercialisation arm, UPMC Enterprises, and through UPMC International.
Providing high-quality healthcare in the South East since 2006, UPMC’s operations in Ireland now include UPMC Whitfield Hospital in Waterford, UPMC Kildare Hospital in Clane and UPMC Aut Even Hospital in Kilkenny. Outpatient care is available at the UPMC Carlow Outreach Centre, UPMC Hillman Cancer Centre radiotherapy locations at UPMC Whitfield and in Cork, the UPMC Sports Medicine Clinic at WIT Arena and the UPMC Concussion Network. UPMC is the Official Healthcare Partner of the GAA and GPA.