Subject to the direct supervision of the Senior Pharmacist, you will be required to participate in the provision of a comprehensive pharmaceutical service including:
- The supply of drugs, pharmaceuticals & other related items as may be required
- The purchase, storage & supply of all items on the most economical lines, consistent with quality at pharmacy, ward & departmental levels, & with reference to legal requirements, transit, security & conditions of chemical & physical stability.
- The expansion of a ward pharmacy service & clinical pharmacy.
- The maintenance of records for purchasing, quality control, compounding & dispensing to the standards required.
- The provision of advice to medical & nursing staff on the proper use of drugs & medicines.
- To assist the Supervising Pharmacist in the performance of his/her duties & responsibilities as required.
- Completion of clinical audits as assigned by the Supervising pharmacist.
- To undertake such other duties appropriate to the office, as may be assigned to him/her by the Supervising Pharmacist.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Be registered, or eligible for registration with the Pharmaceutical Society of Ireland as a Pharmacist.
- Post registration experience.
- Possess the requisite knowledge and ability (including a high standard of suitability) for the proper discharge of the duties of the office.
A $24 billion healthcare provider and insurer, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania-based UPMC is inventing new models of patient-centred, cost-effective, accountable care. Working in close collaboration with the University of Pittsburgh Schools of the Health Sciences, UPMC shares its clinical, managerial and technological skills worldwide through its innovation and commercialisation arm, UPMC Enterprises, and through UPMC International.
Providing high-quality healthcare in the South East since 2006, UPMC’s operations in Ireland now include UPMC Whitfield Hospital in Waterford, UPMC Kildare Hospital in Clane and UPMC Aut Even Hospital in Kilkenny. Outpatient care is available at the UPMC Carlow Outreach Centre, UPMC Hillman Cancer Centre radiotherapy locations at UPMC Whitfield and in Cork, the UPMC Sports Medicine Clinic at WIT Arena and the UPMC Concussion Network. UPMC is the Official Healthcare Partner of the GAA and GPA.