Senior Cardiac Physiologist
To perform and interpret the following
- Stress Tests
- Holter monitoring and analysis
- BP monitors and analysis
- Event monitors and analysis
- Pacemaker implant and follow up
- ICD implant and follow up
- Cardiac Catheterisation
- To be responsible for accurate storing of reports generated from the above tests.
- Keep accurate documentation of these procedures. Have adequate knowledge of the products required during these procedures.
- To ensure that all records are properly and accurately maintained.
- In the absence of the Head of Department undertake primary responsibility for the day to day running of the Cardiology department.
- To participate in patient care i.e. preparation and reassurance.
- To be professionally responsible for all aspects of the post holders own work.
- Participate in the teaching, training and supervision of new and junior staff.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of policies and guidelines.
- Maintain up to date knowledge of cardiology developments and promote awareness of new developments.
- Report any malfunction or defects in equipment relevant to the Cardiology department.
- Support the Head of Department in the implementation of initiatives aimed at improving and developing the service of the Cardiology department.
- Undertake when necessary administrative and clerical duties to facilitate the smooth running of the department.
- Be aware and comply with all hospital and departmental policies especially Health and Safety, Infection Control, Disposal of Waste, Sharps and Infected linen, Accident and Incident Reporting, Complaints Procedure, Fire Policy and Evacuation.
- Maintain and manage all documents through our Hospital Quality Management system - Q-Pulse
- Ability to access policies on Q-Pulse and to log incidents as required.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Applicants should possess an equivalent scientific qualification (Level 8) as confirmed by the Irish Institute of Clinical Measurement Science (IICMS).
- Three years’ experience at Basic Grade Cardiac Technician level.
- Have experience in echocardiography and/or cardiac catheterisation.
- The successful candidate should possess good interpersonal skills and an awareness/sensitivity towards patient’s needs.
- Have the clinical, managerial and administrative capacity to properly discharge the functions of the role.
A $24 billion healthcare provider and insurer, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania-based UPMC is inventing new models of patient-centred, cost-effective, accountable care. Working in close collaboration with the University of Pittsburgh Schools of the Health Sciences, UPMC shares its clinical, managerial and technological skills worldwide through its innovation and commercialisation arm, UPMC Enterprises, and through UPMC International.
Providing high-quality healthcare in the South East since 2006, UPMC’s operations in Ireland now include UPMC Whitfield Hospital in Waterford, UPMC Kildare Hospital in Clane and UPMC Aut Even Hospital in Kilkenny. Outpatient care is available at the UPMC Carlow Outreach Centre, UPMC Hillman Cancer Centre radiotherapy locations at UPMC Whitfield and in Cork, the UPMC Sports Medicine Clinic at WIT Arena and the UPMC Concussion Network. UPMC is the Official Healthcare Partner of the GAA and GPA.