Network Security Engineer - Intermediate
UPMC, a not-for-profit US-based academic and multinational healthcare system, is expanding and localizing its industry leading IT services and innovation, to support its growing global presence. Located in the sunny southeast of Ireland and in the heart of Kilkenny’s growing tech cluster, UPMC’s Global Technology Operations Centre (GTOC) is building leading edge infrastructure and services that will enable the next generation of healthcare delivery solutions for our patients globally.
As an extension of UPMC’s US-based operations, the GTOC team supports healthcare facilities in Ireland, Italy, and Asia. We want you to be part of our expanding team, where you can engage with clinical and business leaders, innovate new solutions, and realise first-hand how technology improves patient experience, paving the path for the future of healthcare. Come join our team of accomplished technologists who collaborate seamlessly across borders, develop global healthcare IT skills, and support optimal work / life balance through flexible work arrangements.
Overview of the Post
Under the general direction of IT Security Team Lead, the Network Security Engineer is responsible for the daily operations of securing the data transport network. This individual will be responsible for the implementation and administration of network security hardware and software, enforce network security policies, network compliance activities, and Tier 3 escalations. This is a mid-level position within Network Security. The candidate is expected to have a thorough understanding of core IT knowledge in networking and firewalls.
• Conduct Network Security operations, including: Firewall exception, processing Password Changes, Tier 2 and 3 troubleshooting OS and Firmware upgrades.
• Triage issues, assist with escalations and only escalate to Network Security SME’s and Management as necessary.
• Consistently meets set SLAs for incidents, firewall exceptions and request for change (RFC).
• Deploy new firewalls and Site-to-Site VPN's.
• Create new Managed Objects for DDoS prevention.
• Maintain electronic documentation: Network diagrams Processes / Procedures Inventory (CMDB).
• Additionally, Flexibility required to working hours dependent on business needs which occur.
The above Job Description is not intended to be a comprehensive list of all duties involved and consequently, the post holder may be required to perform other duties as appropriate to the post which may be assigned to him/her from time to time and to contribute to the development of the post while in office.
Qualifications and Experience:
• Typically has a 4-year academic degree, knowledge of Network Security, and 2+ years of practical work experience.
• Understanding of TCP/IP Network & Application Layer Firewall technologies.
• Ability to manage complex firewall policies and prioritize and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
• An associate level certification: Cisco CCNA, Juniper JNCIA, Palo Alto PCNSA, Fortinet NSE4, NSE5 or NSE6, etc.
A Full Clean Driver’s Licence is an essential requirement.
A $24 billion healthcare provider and insurer, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania-based UPMC is inventing new models of patient-centred, cost-effective, accountable care. Working in close collaboration with the University of Pittsburgh Schools of the Health Sciences, UPMC shares its clinical, managerial and technological skills worldwide through its innovation and commercialisation arm, UPMC Enterprises, and through UPMC International.
Providing high-quality healthcare in the South East since 2006, UPMC’s operations in Ireland now include UPMC Whitfield Hospital in Waterford, UPMC Kildare Hospital in Clane and UPMC Aut Even Hospital in Kilkenny. Outpatient care is available at the UPMC Carlow Outreach Centre, UPMC Hillman Cancer Centre radiotherapy locations at UPMC Whitfield and in Cork, the UPMC Sports Medicine Clinic at WIT Arena and the UPMC Concussion Network. UPMC is the Official Healthcare Partner of the GAA and GPA.