Clinical Nurse Manager 2
• Manage patient care to ensure the highest professional standards using an evidence based, care planning approach.
• Provide a high level of professional and clinical leadership.
• Be responsible for the co-ordination, assessment, planning, delivery and review of service user care by all staff in designated area.
• Provide safe, comprehensive nursing care to service users within the guidelines laid out by NMBI. (Nursing & Midwifery Board of Ireland).
• Participate in teams / meetings / committees as appropriate, communicating and working in co-operation with other team members.
• Facilitate co-ordination, co-operation and liaison across healthcare teams.
• Collaborate with service users, family, carers and other staff in treatment / care.
• Assess, plan, implement and evaluate nursing care by personal involvement and supervising the activities of other qualified nurses.
• Ensure that the care delivered by team is based on standards, which have been formulated on evidence based practice, and agreed, through hospital policy.
• Regularly evaluate and monitor patient care by using the hospitals quality systems to ensure that care is delivered.
• Develop and promote good relationships with patients, families and carers and make the ward environmentally welcoming and homely.
• Work as an effective member of the multidisciplinary team promoting good teamwork and excellent patient care.
• Evaluate and further develop the philosophy, objectives and goals of the department.
• To ensure that all staff are familiar with the use and care of all equipment, and that such equipment is maintained in good working condition.
• To ensure strict confidentiality of information regarding patients/residents is adhered to.
• Provide the necessary supervision, co-ordination and deployment of nursing and support staff to ensure the optimum delivery of care in the designated area through allocating work fairly and competently.
• Manage communication at ward and departmental level and facilitate team building.
• Provide staff leadership and motivation which is conducive to good working relations and work performance.
• Manage all resources efficiently and effectively.
• Lead on practice development within the clinical area.
• Lead and implement change.
• Promote, facilitate and participate in the development of nursing policies and procedures. Monitor as appropriate and lead on proactive improvement.
• Contribute to the formulation, development and implementation of policies and procedures at area and hospital level.
• Actively participate in the Nursing Management structure by supporting the Assisatnt Director of Clinical Services Theatres and deputising in his / her absence when required to do so.
• Maintain all necessary clinical and administrative records and reporting arrangements.
• The post holder will be expected to take part in the on call manager's rota.
Qualifications and Experience:
• Be registered, or eligible for registration in the General Division of the live Register of Nurses kept by NMBI.
• Have a minimum of two years' experience within a management position, and ideally have two years' experience working within a Day Surgical Unit.
• Have completed a management course or commit to undertake same.
• Display evidence of continuing professional development.
• Demonstrate an awareness of HR policies and procedures
• Have working knowledge of Microsoft packages is essential.
• Have experience in change management.
• Play an active role in the continuous improvement programme in the hospital using lean tools and methodology.
• Possess excellent communication skills.
A $24 billion healthcare provider and insurer, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania-based UPMC is inventing new models of patient-centred, cost-effective, accountable care. Working in close collaboration with the University of Pittsburgh Schools of the Health Sciences, UPMC shares its clinical, managerial and technological skills worldwide through its innovation and commercialisation arm, UPMC Enterprises, and through UPMC International.
Providing high-quality healthcare in the South East since 2006, UPMC’s operations in Ireland now include UPMC Whitfield Hospital in Waterford, UPMC Kildare Hospital in Clane and UPMC Aut Even Hospital in Kilkenny. Outpatient care is available at the UPMC Carlow Outreach Centre, UPMC Hillman Cancer Centre radiotherapy locations at UPMC Whitfield and in Cork, the UPMC Sports Medicine Clinic at WIT Arena and the UPMC Concussion Network. UPMC is the Official Healthcare Partner of the GAA and GPA.