Staff Nurse Theatre - Casual
We have flexible days/hours available including Saturdays.
• To develop and maintain good relationships with all members of the multi-disciplinary team and to work closely with nursing colleagues developing innovative practice within the unit delivering evidence-based care.
• The theatre nurse will be expected to assist in a wide range of specialities (e.g. orthopaedic, general, ophthalmology, gynaecology, ENT, pain management, urology, vascular).
• To develop specialist knowledge of nursing practice relating to his or her clinical area.
• Support the theatre manager by meeting agreed responsibilities set out.
• Identify and discuss nursing and patient needs with consultants and nursing team, multidisciplinary team, patients, and carers.
Qualifications and Experience:
• At least two year’s post-registration theatre experience is essential.
• Evidence of ongoing CPD.
• Holding a relevant theatre qualification is desirable.
A $24 billion healthcare provider and insurer, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania-based UPMC is inventing new models of patient-centred, cost-effective, accountable care. Working in close collaboration with the University of Pittsburgh Schools of the Health Sciences, UPMC shares its clinical, managerial and technological skills worldwide through its innovation and commercialisation arm, UPMC Enterprises, and through UPMC International.
Providing high-quality healthcare in the South East since 2006, UPMC’s operations in Ireland now include UPMC Whitfield Hospital in Waterford, UPMC Kildare Hospital in Clane and UPMC Aut Even Hospital in Kilkenny. Outpatient care is available at the UPMC Carlow Outreach Centre, UPMC Hillman Cancer Centre radiotherapy locations at UPMC Whitfield and in Cork, the UPMC Sports Medicine Clinic at WIT Arena and the UPMC Concussion Network. UPMC is the Official Healthcare Partner of the GAA and GPA.