• Collection of soiled laundry from all required areas of the hospital.
• Maintaining washers and dryers.
• Ensure all areas are fully stocked with linen requirements.
• Safe transport of patients to various locations around the hospital and also to outside facilities as required.
• Collection and delivery of blood samples and reports to St. Luke’s Hospital
• Ensure all equipment used e.g. trolleys, wheelchairs are in good working order and safe for use by patients.
• Be responsible for collection and transport of soiled linen/laundry from floor areas to Hospital Laundry. Assist laundry manager with preparation of soiled laundry for dispatch to Celtic Linen and unloading of clean linen supply on delivery to Aut Even always being aware of safe handling of heavy loads in line with Health and Safety Regulations.
• General Maintenance of the Hospital as per instruction of facilities manager.
Qualifications and Experience:
• Must have excellent communication and interpersonal skills to effectively communicate with a wide range of individuals across the hospital.
• Hold a full, clean driving licence
• Ability to work as part of a team and follow instructions
• High level attention to detail, efficiency and accuracy in all duties.
A $24 billion healthcare provider and insurer, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania-based UPMC is inventing new models of patient-centred, cost-effective, accountable care. Working in close collaboration with the University of Pittsburgh Schools of the Health Sciences, UPMC shares its clinical, managerial and technological skills worldwide through its innovation and commercialisation arm, UPMC Enterprises, and through UPMC International.
Providing high-quality healthcare in the South East since 2006, UPMC’s operations in Ireland now include UPMC Whitfield Hospital in Waterford, UPMC Kildare Hospital in Clane and UPMC Aut Even Hospital in Kilkenny. Outpatient care is available at the UPMC Carlow Outreach Centre, UPMC Hillman Cancer Centre radiotherapy locations at UPMC Whitfield and in Cork, the UPMC Sports Medicine Clinic at WIT Arena and the UPMC Concussion Network. UPMC is the Official Healthcare Partner of the GAA and GPA.