• Material requisition fulfilment, including locating, verifying, and labelling requested materials, and performing required system transaction and delivering materials to the area specified on the requisition, in keeping with established work instructions and SOPs.
• Receive materials into the warehouse from vendors from released purchase orders and internal item returns, verify count of goods received and transfer to physical stock location accompanied by the appropriate transaction.
• To interact with and assist all Managers and Colleagues in the hospital in a professional, friendly manner. Providing excellent customer service to our internal and external customers.
• Perform weekly inventory cycle counts and monthly/annual physical inventory count (if required) resolving any discrepancies identified during the process.
• Contribute to improvement activities and participating in lean initiatives. Assist with inventory and/or system problem resolution.
• To liaise with the Warehouse Manager in relation to any delivery delays, quality issues etc.
• To work closely with Finance in relation to invoice queries or delivery docket queries and ensure same are sent to the accounts department in a timely manner.
• Other incidental duties: General housekeeping of work area and perform equipment inspection of all lift equipment and vehicles prior to operation.
• To ensure that all security and access rules are adhered to in relation to the warehouse area.
Qualifications and Experience:
• A qualification in Warehouse Management is desirable.
• Must have strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
• Good organizational skills, able to prioritize and manage competing priorities, detail oriented and quality focused.
• Ability to complete paperwork accurately following good documentation practices.
• Critical thinking and problem-solving skills required.
• Must be able to work with minimum supervision by following detailed instructions.
• Must be able to work alone on own initiative but also work in a team environment.
• Strong I.T skills required, (Excel, Outlook, and Word); good working knowledge of warehouse inventory systems (SAP would be a distinct advantage).
• Strict attention to detail and accuracy.
A $24 billion healthcare provider and insurer, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania-based UPMC is inventing new models of patient-centred, cost-effective, accountable care. Working in close collaboration with the University of Pittsburgh Schools of the Health Sciences, UPMC shares its clinical, managerial and technological skills worldwide through its innovation and commercialisation arm, UPMC Enterprises, and through UPMC International.
Providing high-quality healthcare in the South East since 2006, UPMC’s operations in Ireland now include UPMC Whitfield Hospital in Waterford, UPMC Kildare Hospital in Clane and UPMC Aut Even Hospital in Kilkenny. Outpatient care is available at the UPMC Carlow Outreach Centre, UPMC Hillman Cancer Centre radiotherapy locations at UPMC Whitfield and in Cork, the UPMC Sports Medicine Clinic at WIT Arena and the UPMC Concussion Network. UPMC is the Official Healthcare Partner of the GAA and GPA.