- Organise, maintain, and schedule appointments as requested.
- Organise meetings and take notes/minutes where necessary.
- Write and distribute email and memo correspondence when required.
- Maintain positive relationships and communication lines with colleagues across all sites.
- Keep up to date with all reoccurring meetings and appointments which the Director of Governance & Compliance must attend on a weekly/monthly/quarterly/annual basis. Ensure that any material which must be presented or brought to these forums are prepared and up to date.
- Communicate effectively with managers to bring awareness to upcoming obligations, deadlines and meetings and put processes in place to ensure preparedness.
- Assist/action any legal correspondence received and liaise with insurers re same.
- Carry out general administrative tasks such as filling, typing, copying, scanning etc.
- Incorporate creative approaches to reporting and presenting material and reports in a visual way.
- Manage schedules and workloads to ensure the Director of Governance & Compliance / Interim General Manager’s reporting obligations are met, and the submitted material is completed to a high standard.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Secretarial or equivalent qualification.
- Essential - 2 years minimum relevant administration experience.
- Desirable - 2 years experience in a PA role.
- Effective communication skills.
- Organisation and time management skills.
- Ability to work efficiently with the various IT applications used within the organization.
- Effective analytical, problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Attention to detail & analytical capabilities.
- Ability to multitask and prioritise accordingly.
A $24 billion healthcare provider and insurer, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania-based UPMC is inventing new models of patient-centred, cost-effective, accountable care. Working in close collaboration with the University of Pittsburgh Schools of the Health Sciences, UPMC shares its clinical, managerial and technological skills worldwide through its innovation and commercialisation arm, UPMC Enterprises, and through UPMC International.
Providing high-quality healthcare in the South East since 2006, UPMC’s operations in Ireland now include UPMC Whitfield Hospital in Waterford, UPMC Kildare Hospital in Clane and UPMC Aut Even Hospital in Kilkenny. Outpatient care is available at the UPMC Carlow Outreach Centre, UPMC Hillman Cancer Centre radiotherapy locations at UPMC Whitfield and in Cork, the UPMC Sports Medicine Clinic at WIT Arena and the UPMC Concussion Network. UPMC is the Official Healthcare Partner of the GAA and GPA.