Ms. Yasmin Ismail
- UPMC Aut Even Hospital
- UPMC Kildare Hospital
BDS, MBBS, MRCS, FRCS[Plast]Professional Profile
Ms. Ismail is a dual trained Consultant Plastic Surgeon, having obtained both dental and medical qualifications in Glasgow and Newcastle. She is on the Specialist Register with both the Irish Medical Council and the General Medical Council (UK).
Basic surgical training was carried out in Bristol, following an anatomy teaching demonstratorship at Guy’s Hospital, London. Higher Surgical Training was conducted in Liverpool and Glasgow at the Canniesburn Plastic Surgery Unit. Further subspecialty training was undertaken at the renowned Christie Cancer Hospital, Manchester where Ms. Ismail focused on skin cancer, soft tissue oncology, perineal, and gynaecology reconstruction surgery.
Ms. Ismail was awarded the prestigious Mentor Aesthetic Fellowship which was undertaken at the distinguished King Edward VII Hospital in Marylebone, Central London, and Harley Street. Ms. Ismail has been a Consultant since 2014, having initially worked with the HSE in Dublin and in the NHS, Scotland, including the Canniesburn Plastic Surgery and Burns Unit.
She was appointed as a GMC Associate in 2019 and has been actively involved in teaching undergraduate and postgraduate surgery trainees. Ms. Ismail is currently an OSCE examiner for UCD and remains active in teaching both medical students and postgraduates.
- Skin Cancer including benign conditions
- General plastic surgery including scars, cysts, lipomas and benign moles
- Perineal and gynaecological reconstruction
- General reconstruction
- Aesthetic surgery (including breast, abdomen, arms and thighs)
- Labial trauma / labiaplasty
- Facial plastic surgery
- Professional Memberships
- British Association of Plastic, Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgery (BAPRAS)
- Royal College of Surgeons, Edinburgh (RCSEdin)