Mr. Tahir Yasir Khan
- UPMC Aut Even Hospital
MBBS, FRCSI, FEBS, FRCS (Eng), PG Dip MedSciProfessional Profile
Mr. Khan is a graduate of Liaquat Medical University of Health Sciences, Jamshoro, Pakistan and a post-graduate of Liaquat Medical College Hospital and Civil Hospital Karachi, Pakistan. He moved to Ireland in 2001 and completed his fellowship with the Royal College of Surgeons Ireland (RCSI), training at various teaching hospitals across Ireland. Mr. Khan completed his clinical fellowship in vascular trauma and endovascular surgery in the Queen Elizabeth Hospital, NHS, in Birmingham, UK, in 2014. After completion of his fellowship, higher training and intercollegiate speciality board examinations, he was appointed as a consultant surgeon in general and vascular surgery.
Mr. Khan has received the highest training in various surgical specialities, including general, colorectal, endocrine, vascular, and endovascular surgery. He is actively involved in teaching and continuous medical education and has published in various peer reviewed international medical journals. He is a fellow of the European Board of Surgery and holds a post graduate diploma in medical science from The National University of Ireland, Galway, a diploma in advanced endovascular surgery from the University of Lille, France, and a diploma in trauma and emergency surgery from the European Board of Trauma Emergency Surgery.
Mr. Khan is an advanced endoscopist with training in the removal of large and complex colonic polyps using endomucosal resection (EMR) techniques. He also provides a full range of upper GI endoscopy (OGD), including oesophageal stents and dilatation.
- Bowel and coloproctological conditions (constipation, rectal bleeding, haemorrhoids, anal fistulae, complex pilonidal sinus, and diverticular disease)
- Incisional hernia repair
- Abdominal wall reconstruction
- Ileostomy and colostomy
- Inguinal hernias
- Gall bladder surgery
- Surgery for benign breast conditions
- Minor surgical procedures (lumps and bumps)
- Open and endovascular surgery
- Peripheral vascular disease
- Botox for excessive sweating
- Minimally-invasive surgery for varicose veins
- Minimally invasive endocrine procedures (thyroid and parathyroid)
- Keyhole adrenal gland surgery
- Professional Memberships
- Member of the European Society of Emergency and Trauma Surgery.
- Member of the European Society of Vascular Surgery.