Dr. Jathinder Kumar
- UPMC Whitfield Hospital
MBBS, MRCPI, DRCPSCProfessional Profile
Dr. Jathinder Kumar completed his basic medical training in Ireland. He obtained MRCPI in 2015 and then completed general cardiology training while rotating through major teaching hospitals in Ireland, including University Hospital Waterford, University Hospital Limerick, and St. James’s Hospital, Dublin.
Upon completion of general cardiology training Dr. Kumar moved to Canada where he undertook two years sub-specialty fellowship training in interventional cardiology at Western University, London Health Sciences Centre, London Ontario. While at this location, Dr. Kumar specialised in performing complex coronary interventions and interventions for structural heart diseases.
Dr. Kumar has published peer reviewed articles in various medical and cardiology journals and has presented at various national and international scientific meetings.
- General cardiology
- Intervention cardiology
- Coronary artery disease
- Percutaneous coronary intervention, angioplasty in acute coronary syndrome
- Complex coronary intervention, including left main PCI, bifurcation PCI, multivessel PCI and recanalisation of chronic total occlusion (CTO)
- Coronary artery calcium modification using rotational atherectomy, orbital atherectomy and intravascular lithotripsy
- Intravascular physiology
- Intravascular imaging
- Right heart catheterisation
- Percutaneous closure of ASD and PFO