Dr. Sajjad Matiullah
- UPMC Aut Even Hospital
- UPMC Whitfield Hospital
Dr. Sajjad Matiullah is a consultant interventional cardiologist at University Hospital Waterford. He now joins the UPMC Whitfield Hospital and UPMC Aut Even Hospital teams and will see patients in an outpatient setting across both hospitals.
Dr. Matiullah completed higher specialist training in cardiology in Ireland from the Royal College of Physicians of Ireland, followed by three years of clinical fellowship training in Cardiovascular MRI, CT coronary angiography, and coronary intervention at St. Bartholomew’s (Bart’s) Hospital, London, Royal Free Hospital, London, and St. James’s Hospital, Dublin, performing complex coronary interventions and cardiac imaging including, cardiac CT and MRI.
He worked at St. James’s Hospital as a consultant cardiologist prior to joining University Hospital Waterford in 2020, where he has responsibility for the provision of general cardiac and interventional cardiology care.
Dr. Matiullah has been first and co-author on multiple scientific publications in highly reputed cardiology and medical journals as well as text book chapter publications. He has also worked as a sub-investigator on a number of international clinical trials, presenting at national and international scientific meetings.
- General cardiology
- Coronary artery disease
- Coronary angiography and percutaneous coronary intervention (PCI) in acute coronary syndromes (ACS)
- Complex coronary intervention, such as multivessel PCI and left main and bifurcation disease
- Advanced cardiac imaging, including cardiac MRI and CT coronary angiography
- Arrhythmia management and device therapy, including pacemaker implantation and loop monitoring device insertion
- Heart failure and heart valve disease management
- Professional Memberships
- Society of Interventional Cardiology (European and British)
- Society of Cardiovascular MRI and Cardiac CT (European and British)