Mr. Lee Yap
- UPMC Aut Even Hospital
- UPMC Whitfield Hospital
MSc, BMBS, BSc (Comp Sci), FRCS (Urol)Professional Profile
Mr. Lee Yap graduated from University of Limerick in 2011 with an honours degree in medicine and surgery. He completed his surgical training programme in Ireland, specialising in Urology and was awarded the FRCS (Urology) by the Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland in 2021. Mr. Yap has recently completed a urological fellowship at the internationally renowned Princess Alexandra Hospital in Brisbane, one of the largest tertiary referral centres in Queensland and one of the leading academic and research centres in Australia. After returning to Ireland in 2023 he took up a Consultant post in Urology at University Hospital Waterford, with a special interest in renal and pelvic oncology. Mr. Yap also holds a degree in Computer Science and a Masters in Healthcare Informatics from University College Dublin (UCD) and is at the forefront of the latest and newest technologies and surgical techniques in his field.
Mr. Yap investigates, manages and treats a range of urological presentations and conditions including:
- Kidney cancer
- Prostate cancer
- Bladder cancer
- Lower urinary tract symptoms and benign prostatic enlargement
- Urinary tract infections
- Kidney stones
- Erectile dysfunction
- Penoscrotal pathology
- Contraception - vasectomy
- Minimally invasive surgery with proficiency in laparoscopic and robotic assisted surgery (DaVinci Robotics)
- Endourology for complex kidney stone disease including supine percutaneous nephrolithotomy (PCNL)
- Benign Prostatic Enlargement offering Trans Urethral Resection of the Prostate (TURP), Urolift, Greenlight laser, and Water Vapour Therapy (Rezum).
Mr. Yap is accepting referrals for patients at UPMC Aut Even Hospital and UPMC Whitfield Hospital through Healthlink.