Ms. Catherine Cronin
- UPMC Aut Even Hospital
MB BCh BAO, FRCSI (General & Colorectal)Professional Profile
Based at UPMC Aut Even Hospital and St. Luke’s Hospital, Kilkenny, Ms. Catherine Cronin, is a native of Waterford. She specialises in general, colorectal, and peritoneal malignancy surgery. Prompt and appropriate care is the hallmark of Ms. Cronin's commitment to her patients.
Ms. Cronin attained a first-class honours medical degree at University College Cork. Subsequently, she completed surgical training through the Royal College of Surgeons, Ireland. Her first international fellowship, in advanced colorectal surgery and peritoneal malignancy surgery, was at Basingstoke Hospital Hampshire, UK, the largest peritoneal malignancy unit in the world. Ms Cronin's second international fellowship was at the renowned Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Centre, New York where she practiced advanced open and robotic colorectal surgical oncology.
Ms. Cronin's areas of surgical research include surgical outcomes and colorectal cancer surgery.
- Colorectal & anal cancer
- Inflammatory bowel disease
- Diverticular disease
- Anorectal surgery and conditions
- Rectal prolapse and faecal incontinence
- General Surgery including gallbladder surgery
- Abdominal wall hernias and groin hernias
- Minor operative procedures (See and treat clinics)
- Direct access colonoscopy & gastroscopy