Ms. Jasna Pavicic-Astalos
- UPMC Kildare Hospital
- UPMC Whitfield Hospital
MD, PhDProfessional Profile
Ms. Jasna Pavicic-Astalos graduated from the School of Medicine, University of Zagreb in 2000.
She trained in ophthalmic surgery at the University Clinical Hospital “Sestre milosrdnice“ in Zagreb, Croatia. Her ESCRS and EGS fellowship trainings in ophthalmic surgery were at the Eye Clinic University Medical Center Ljubljana, Slovenia, and San Carlos Clinical Hospital in Madrid. Glaucoma subspecialty registration took place in 2017. She has teaching experience as a trainer/instructor in phacoemulsification. Specialist registration in medical ophthalmology and ophthalmic surgery in January 2009.
Upon completion of her ophthalmology training, Dr. Pavicic- Astalos became a consultant in “Dr. T. Bardek“ General Hospital, Croatia, where she practiced for 9 years. Her postgraduate PhD study in Biomedicine and Health Sciences was at the University of Zagreb Medical School. Her doctorate in medicine for clinical research was in 2016 and her thesis was in biometry in silicone oil filled eyes.
- glaucoma treatment and surgery
- micro-incision cataract surgery
- laser eye surgery
- cataract surgery with premium and advanced intraocular lenses
- combined glaucoma and cataract surgery
- Professional Memberships
- Croatian Ophthalmological Association
- European Society for Cataract And Refractive Surgery
- Irish College of Ophthalmologists