Accommodation and Dining at UPMC Whitfield Hospital
UPMC Whitfield Hospital is a state-of-the-art facility that offers patients modern, clean, and comfortable accommodation during their stay. We also provide patients with a tasty and healthy range of dining options.
- All bedrooms are en-suite. Toilets in patients' rooms are for patient use only. Visitor toilets are located on each ward.
- All rooms have televisions.
- Every room has access to free Wi-Fi.
- Hairdryers are not supplied in patient rooms but are available on request from the nurses' station.
- Towels are also provided.
- The nurse call handset is on the unit above the bed. We encourage you to use the call bell should you require assistance.
- On your call bell, there are two yellow buttons – these are the light switches for your room. There is no light switch on the wall.
- Heating controls are on a central unit, usually located inside the door of your room. You can turn this up or down to suit your own individual needs. Windows can open, but not fully for health and safety reasons.
- Beds operate electrically and a controller is on the left-hand side of the bed. If you need assistance with this, please use the nurse call bell.
If you wish to have a visit from a chaplain of your religious denomination, please inform a staff member in your ward.
At UPMC Whitfield Hospital, we provide high-quality, nutritious, and fresh food . Our professional chefs prepare fresh food every day in our hospital kitchen, using locally-sourced ingredients whenever possible.
A wide range of dishes are available and we keep our menu fresh by changing it daily. We also offer fresh food options for patients with special dietary requirements and allergies.