Hospital Amenities at UPMC Whitfield Hospital
Within minutes of key routes in the South East, UPMC Whitfield Hospital is a state-of-the-art facility with a variety of amenities.
The Atrium Café
The Atrium Café is on the ground floor of the hospital.
It's open to patients and visitors:
- 8:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m. Monday – Friday (excluding bank holidays).
- 10:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m. on Saturdays.
- Closed on Sundays and bank holidays.
The Shop at UPMC Whitfield
You will also find a shop located within the Atrium Café, which has the same operating hours as the restaurant.
The shop has a range of items including daily newspapers, magazines, confectionary, etc. Cigarettes and vaping materials are not sold in the shop.
There is also a daily newspaper round to the wards each morning.
There is free Wi-Fi at the hospital. The password is “guest."
If you are having trouble connecting to the Wi-Fi, please inform a staff member who will be happy to assist you.
Phones at UPMC Whitfield
- Patients have a private telephone located beside their bed.
- To make an outside call, the area code is always needed (including for local calls).
- Please note there is no charge for local (051 area code), mobile or national calls. If you wish to have international calls activated on your phone, please put a request in with the Nursing Staff (charges for international calls may apply).
- This is available at the reception desk or by requesting any member of staff to contact a taxi on your behalf. There is no charge to call a taxi.