Mr. Bogdan Apipie
- UPMC Aut Even Hospital
- UPMC Whitfield Hospital
FRCS (Tr & Orth)Professional Profile
Following his graduation from the University of Medicine and Pharmacy of Craiova, Romania in 2012, Clinical-Emergency Hospital, one of the largest trauma and orthopaedic university hospitals in Romania. In 2015, Mr. Apipie moved to Ireland to continue his training and obtained accreditation on the Irish Medical Council Register.
He completed his main specialty training in minimally invasive bikini total hip replacement and knee replacement, arthroscopy surgery, and sports injuries. In 2017, he passed the Intercollegiate Specialty Exam in Trauma and Orthopaedic Surgery and became an orthopaedic surgery consultant.
During his specialty training, to further develop his skills in minimally invasive joint replacement and musculoskeletal injuries, diagnosis, and treatment, Mr. Apipie attended training sessions across many European teaching hospitals such as Carit as Klinikum University Hospital in Germany, University Hospital of Tubigen in Germany, Amiens-Picardie University Hospital in France, HR Verviers Hospital in Belgium, and Robotic Surgery ROSA, ZBTraining Institute Cologne in Germany.
- Minimally invasive bikini total hip replacement (THR)
- Minimally invasive total knee replacement (TKR)
- Revision hip and knee arthroplasty
- Robotic surgery and computer-assisted surgery
- Arthroscopy surgery
- Sport injuries of the knee joint
- Mr. Apipie’s research interests relate to the differential outcomes between minimally invasive and standard incision surgery in total hip arthroplasty.