Prof. Robert Hannon
- UPMC Aut Even Hospital
- Colorectal surgery
- Laproscopic surgery
MB, BCh, BAO, FRCS, FRCSIProfessional Profile
Prof. Rob Hannon is a graduate of University College Dublin and the Royal College of Surgeons, England. He completed higher surgical training with subspecialty training in colorectal surgery in Manchester in 2008 and completed specialist fellowship training in laparoscopic colorectal surgery at Hope Hospital, Salford, and advanced pelvic malignancy at the Christie Hospital, Manchester.
In 2008, Prof. Hannon, commenced as a general colorectal and laparoscopic surgeon at Daisy Hill Hospital, Newry, Co. Down. During his time here, he was deputy chair of the Southern Area Trust Multidisciplinary Colorectal Cancer Team and Lead Clinician for Clinical Governance.
- Open and laparoscopic surgery for colorectal cancer and inflammatory bowel disease
- Gastroscopy and colonoscopy
- Treatment of benign ano-rectal conditions
- Gallbladder surgery
- Open and laparoscopic hernia surgery
- Surgery for minor skin or subcutaneous lesions